Choosing a preschool for your little one can be a difficult task for many parents. Every school has its unique features, schedules, prices, and style. We at Pebble Pond Preschool believe we have some unique features that make us stand out from the other preschools in the area.
We created a quick list of 10 features we feel make us stand our from the crowd and make us the perfect fit for your family. Check out our list below for more details about each benefit of our school.
1. Nature-Based: When children are at Pebble Pond, their lessons will be centered around a nature theme. We want to make sure children learn and connect with the natural beauty that is around them. We also will make sure that children spend 25- 50% of their time in our outdoor classroom.
2. Spanish Dual Language: Knowing a second language has many advantages and we want to give children the ability to learn one. Children will be spoken to in Spanish to foster the development of a second language. They will have a Spanish speaking teacher and will be surrounded by Spanish print.
3. Child-Led Learning: We will let children take the lead in what they want to learn. If we see a bee that day and the children are focused on bees for the next few days, then we will let the enthusiasm for that bee take us on new learning adventures.
4. Play-Based Learning: We believe that play is one of the best ways to learn. We will let children spend a large part of their day playing and exploring items we have set out for them and items in their natural environment.
5. Plant-Based Meals Included: We want to serve our children a diet high in vitamins and nutrients on a plant based meal so that all may eat no matter what their dietary needs. We also want children to form healthy relationships with plant based foods as we are seeing a health epidemic in our nation that is food related. Forming healthy eating habits now in the early years is crucial.
6. Eco-Friendly: Not only do we want the children to eat healthy and connect to nature, we want them to be in a healthy low toxic environment. That is why we are using natural low-toxic soaps and cleaning solutions. We also want the children to learn different habits that help us have a lower impact on our environment. To do this we will be recycling, composting, using cloth napkins, hosting clothing swaps for families, up-cycling materials in the classroom, and doing other various actions.
7. Warm Home like Facility: Since our facility is an upgraded 1920's home, this part was easy. We wanted to continue with that home like feel in our classrooms so we try to incorporate home like elements such as lamps, fabrics, curtains, house plants, and lots of natural light.
8. Mixed Age Groups: Mixed age groups closely resemble a family like setting and there are many benefits. To name a few: older children tend to take on more leadership roles; younger children's language is fostered by interacting with the more advanced older children; and there is less conflict over toys as different ages have different interests.
9. Affordable Tuition: We are in line with other preschools in the area and have lower tuition than others that offer one or two of our three main features. We also accept CCMS to make sure that all children have the opportunity to attend Pebble Pond Preschool.
10. Accessible off I-30 and 820: We are conveniently located 1 minute off of Interstate 820 and 3 minutes south of Interstate 30. We are also only 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and 15 minutes from downtown Arlington.